Frostivus was released less than a week ago, and while the reaction to Dota 2’s winter patch was varied, the quantity of gameplay changes was significant. While the community moans, Valve has been hard at work making Dota a little more playable. Khanda, a new item, was a primary focus for fixes.
Khanda is a situational Dota 2 item that is utilized as the final feather in the cap of a fully stacked carry. In practice, however, it has become a meme item that players buy in 90-minute games to combo with five rapiers and turn Dota into a game of whack-a-mole with heroes.
Still, one unanticipated consequence was that its component item, Phylactery, had a distinct cooldown. This was a rather unusual use case, but it meant that Phylactery and Khanda could both employ the Empower Spell ability. Essentially, Lions were probably out there deleting three people in a fight.
Still, Valve has addressed this issue, and Khanda, as well as a slew of other Dota 2 bug improvements, have been applied. According to the patch notes, below is an entire list:
Dota 2 Dec. 18, 2023 bug fixes
- Fixed Bloodstone Area Of Effect boost still active on passive abilities if it was dropped or sold
- Fixed Bloodthorn mana regen being 3.0 instead of 3.5 from the sum of its components
- Fixed Butterfly not counting hero’s base attack speed for its bonuses
- Fixed Cleave not working on magical attacks (i.e. Revenant’s Brooch)
- Fixed a rare server problem when toggling Doubloon
- Fixed Khanda not performing deadly damage correctly
- Fixed Khanda and Phylactery not sharing cooldowns
- Fixed Tree Throw, Toss, Snowball, Soul Assumption and Sticky Bomb not triggering Phylactery/Khanda
- Fixed erroneous interaction between Phylactery/Khanda and and Spectre Spectral Dagger
- Fixed Phylactery/Khanda operating on illusions
- Fixed Meteor Hammer wrongly granting greater agility than intelligence
- Fixed Parasma not granting 1.5 Mana Regen from its components
- Fixed Revenant’s Brooch improperly providing true strike
- Fixed a server problem caused by interaction between Abaddon Apothic Shield expiring, Safety Bubble, and Blade Mail
- Fixed Arc Warden Tempest Double does not clone Royal Jelly.
- Dawnbreaker Starbreaker was occasionally not moving in the desired direction.
- Drow Ranger Glacier now grants true strike benefits to non-ranged troops.
- Fixed certain instances where a Drow Ranger could become stranded while attempting to leave her Glacier.
- Chen Penitence now grants melee creeps extra attack range.
- Chen Divine Favor regeneration is no longer applicable to Chen’s creeps.
- Chen’s level 10 talent has been fixed. The Divine Favor Teleport Delay talent is not being used appropriately.
- Fixed Invoker’s inability to collect Lotuses from Lotus Pools.
- Juggernaut Blade Fury attack rate no longer updates when Juggernaut’s Attack Speed changes.
- Even with Revenant’s Brooch, Juggernaut Omnislash/Swift Slash no longer damage ethereal units.
- Fixed the erroneous interaction of Juggernaut Blade Fury with Harpoon.
- Lich Chain Frost is no longer affected by AOE Increase.
- Items in the Bear’s cache are no longer lost when Lone Druid upgrades the Bear.
- Omniknight Guardian Angel charges were not properly updating after acquiring and dropping Aghanim’s Scepter.
- Pangolier Shield has been fixed. The kind of crash damage was incorrectly changed to Physical Damage.
- Pudge Dismember’s unusual serve crash has been fixed.
- Silencer Last Word now deals less creep damage than intended.
- Fixed a problem with Black Dragon’s splash attack not working properly.
- Several server crashes have been resolved.
- Various tooltip issues have been resolved.
- Hero Names have been re-added as a minimap option for heroes.
- Fixed the minimap settings preview not scaling the arrow when the icon was scaled.
- Fixed an issue in Armory / Loadout where previewing persona items would occasionally appear on the base model (or vice versa).